Polk County Waste & Recycling provides and schedules residential waste collection for citizens living in unincorporated areas of the County (not within city limits). For more information, call (863)284-4319 or visit polkwastewise.net
Weekly Residential Curbside Pickup – New Waste Collection Information
Place It ALL by the Curb! Here’s what you need to know….
New Changes include:
- Your trash and recycling days have changed, click here to look up your new days!
- Polk County’s Recycling Collection has changed! Be informed and know the facts! New recycling carts are currently being delivered, click here for information.
It’s easy! Place all garbage, recycle and yard waste by the curb on your collection days.
AUTOMATED GARBAGE COLLECTION:
- Residents will receive a 95-gallon garbage cart for all household trash.
- A special vehicle is equipped with a lifting mechanism that reaches out to the waste cart, lifts and empties the container returning the cart to its original position.
- NO OTHER container may be used for trash.
WASTE PICKUP SCHEDULE
- All waste collection takes place between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- All garbage, recycle and yard waste should be placed curb-side either the night before or by 6 a.m. on your collection day.
- Place all garbage inside your new 95-gallon cart.
- Place the cart within five (5) feet of the curb or street.
- Make sure the handles face away from the street.
- Garbage not inside the cart will not be picked up.
- Too much trash for your cart? See “Big” Trash Days for Instructions.
LARGE OR BULKY ITEMS
UNACCEPTABLE TRASH ITEMS:
Do NOT place the following materials in your garbage cart or at the curb. If any of these items are found in your cart, the cart will be tagged with an instructional notice and not serviced. Call (863) 284-4319 for proper disposal information.
- Trees/tree trunks
- Root systems
- Land clearing debris (i.e. rocks, bushes)
- Construction Materials
- Automobile Parts
- Radioactive Materials
- Explosives, including propane cylinders
- Biomedical Waste, including sharps/syringes used for medical purposes
- Hazardous Wastes, such as:
- Lead-Acid Batteries
- Used Oil or Oil Filters
- Any product labeled:
The landfill is closed and waste will not be collected on the following holidays:
- Memorial Day
- July 4
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve (Saturday) and Christmas Day (Sunday)
- 2012 Saturday New Years Eve
If the holiday falls on a weekday, your garbage, recycle and yard waste collection will be delayed by one day for that week only. Your regular schedule will resume the following week.
For example: If the holiday falls on Thursday, then Thursday collection service will be provided on Friday and Friday service will be provided on Saturday.
- Visit Polk County’s Waste and Recycling Information page.
- Call Polk County’s Waste and Recycling Division at (863) 284-4319